Each week the contestants would have to face a different challenge that tests their ability to be the Top Prof. For example:
- Review 25 conference paper submissions in 72 hours flat;
- Prepare an undergraduate lecture on a topic you haven't seen since sophomore year;
- Write a multimillion dollar grant proposal with six Co-PIs from three other universities in a week (and get all of the budget spreadsheets to work out!);
- Juggle submitting 4 papers to the same conference, including one poorly written paper by a new grad student that requires a last-minute rewrite;
- Write a dozen thoughtful recommendation letters for students you only saw briefly in your class three years ago;
- Respond to hundreds of emails with no more than one-line responses; and
- Hold a series of back-to-back half-hour meetings all day and manage to stay awake at the colloquium talk at 4pm.